The alliance partners – company profiles
AEP Energie-Consult GmbH
AEP has already been operating in the field of alternative energies since 1992. During this time, an enormous knowledge and experience has been gained and constantly developed while working on numerous projects of different scales. This know-how contributes to the development of existing and new technologies within the scope of national and international projects. With its project development and engineering, AEP has contributed to the development of a PV-industry.
Range of Services:
Solar Fab Planning:
- Development and conception of complete factories
- Planning and supervision for the construction of factories
- Focus on closed value added chain for PV (crystallization, wafering, cell production)
- Semiconductor factories
AEP offers the engineering from feasibility study to construction supervision for energy supply and all supply and disposal media like process chemicals, technical/toxic gases, heating/refrigeration/air conditioning, ultrapure water/neutralization etc.
- Energy optimization of existing systems an processes
- Development of highly economical plants and supply concepts for commerce and industry
- Integration of renewable energies in combination with conventional energy sources
- Application of latest technologies for production storage and conduction
- General planner for the construction of complete PV-plants and systems
- Independent consultant for complete PV-systems"
Distribution Partners: India, Russia, Switzerland, Austria, SunEnergy
Markets: Europe, Asia
Business Flyer AEP: Flyer S-PAC AEP
Contact: Volker Winkler, Phone: +49 365 830 19 55
SITEC Industrietechnologie GmbH
As innovative special-purpose machine builder and specialist for assembly and laser lines as well as lines for electrochemical metalworking, the company SITEC Industrietechnologie GmbH based in Chemnitz is a sought partner of industry. Founded in 1991, SITEC has been up to now an owner-managed company with lean medium-sized structures - competent and economically thinking.
Our world-wide clientèle nowadays comprises renowned automotive manufacturers and automotive sub-suppliers as well as component producers of photovoltaic, electrical/electronic and medical engineering equipment.
- Specialist for customer-specific assembly and laser lines from planning up to implementation and commissioning on-site-
- Technology development for inline laser scribing of epitaxial solar modules;
- Creation of technological solutions for the manufacture of contacting breakthroughs, edge insulation, marking incl. traceability interfacing and for metallizing of back-contacted photovoltaic cells
Sales Partner: Russia, Sweden, China, India
Market: Europe, Asia, North America
Number of Employees: 210
Business Flyer SITEC: Flyer S-PAC SITEC
Contact: Robert Hillmann, Phone: +49 371 4708 376
USK Karl Utz Sondermaschinen GmbH, Limbach-Oberfrohna
Systemised intelligence – this is what distinguishes special machinery and industrial plant for assembly, handling and testing technology made by USK.
Founded in October 1990, USK Karl Utz Sondermaschinen GmbH has long since established itself as one of the leading providers of automated assembly lines in Germany.
We undertake individual projects – often worth up to tens of millions – for our customers in the automotive, photovoltaic, electrical engineering and electronics industries in Germany, in Europe and around the world.
We do not generate solar power ourselves. Instead, we provide production systems for the automated complete assembly of solar modules with the integrated use of process machinery to customer specifications.
Products and services:
USK is a complete service provider, from the planning stage through to implementation and service, for the full range of assembly technology, from manual through to semi-automated and fully automated computer-controlled assembly systems.
Photovoltaic expertise at a glance:
- plant engineering for the assembly of cell-based solar modules up to a capacity of 500 MWp
- automation for the manufacture of thin-film solar modules
- automation solutions for wafer and cell production
- specialised systems and customised solutions (e.g. roll-to-roll)
- manual assembly equipment for module production start-ups
Location: Limbach-Oberfrohna (Saxony)
Distribution partners: USA, India
Business Flyer USK Karl Utz: Flyer S-PAC USK
Contact: Dr. Thilo Richter, Phone: +49 3722 6082 170
XENON Automatisierungstechnik GmbH
The XENON Automatisierungstechnik GmbH plans, engineers and manufactures of customized turn-key plants for the automation of production processes.
Since its foundation, the 20-year history owner-managed Saxon enterprise has been characterized by constant growth, which has transferred more than 900 automation projects into productions successfully.
Customers all around the world from the automotive, electronic, photovoltaic and medical technology sector appreciate the performance and reliability of the customized production plants from XENON. Also today, the combination of innovative process solutions with the many years of experience in plant engineering is the key to success.
Profile on performance:
- Automatic assembly, insertion and testing machines for sensors, connector, contact systems and mechatronics products
- The automation modules for manufacture of wafer, cells and PV modules
- Development of handling, buffering and transport systems for thin wafer
- Development from process models to the final assembly of PV thin film modules
Distribution partners: XENON Automation Asia Ltd.
Markets: Europa, Asien, Nordamerika
Business Flyer XENON: Flyer S-PAC XENON
Contact: Axel Donath, Phone: +49 351 40209 215
AIS Automation Dresden GmbH
Since 1990, the AIS Automation Dresden GmbH acts successfully on the market as system and software house in the automotive technology. The AIS offers software products and solution for control systems and automotive solutions as well as production related IT- solutions for different branches, as photovoltaic, solar, semiconductor and automobile industry. More than 160 dedicated and highly qualified employees realize innovative software projects. Especially for the photovoltaic and solar industry, AIS is one of the world’s leading provider for manufacturing execution systems (MES) for the entire value-added chain of crystalline solar cells from wafering, cell production to module installation and thin-film solar cells.
- Manufacturing Executive systems (MES) for entire facilities to manufacture of solar cells
- Solutions for the data-linked integration of production equipment into the IT-structure of facilities (Host-Interfaces)
- Control systems / software for production equipment in PV and solar industry
Head office: Dresden, Germany
Techn. Office: Taipei, Taiwan
Service- and Sales partner: USA, China, Taiwan, the Netherlands, India
Market: Europe, Asia, America
Employees: ca. 160
Business Flyer AIS Automation: Flyer S-PAC AIS
Contact: Dipl.-Ing. Rainer Barth, Phone: +49 351 2166 0
Roth & Rau - Ortner GmbH
For more than 15 years, Roth & Rau - Ortner GmbH have participated in complex production logistics with a broad portfolio of customized services for the Semiconductor and the PV industry. The focus of our work is on the development and implementation of customer specific service concepts and tailor-made automation solutions for the improvement of company-internal material flow. We are DIN/ISO 9001 and 14001 certified.
In particular in the area of the installation and maintenance of in-plant automated material handling systems (e.g. wafer transport systems) Roth & Rau - Ortner GmbH has years of experience and in-depth knowledge. But not only the service for complex technical systems in high tech industry is our expertise, we also act as a system integrator and manufacturer for tailor-made automated transport systems. This includes local WIP buffers, building and floor interconnections, automated tool loadports etc. Highly productive and innovative RFID products have been part of our portfolio since 2004. Our goal is a transparent material flow in the production. These products, to customer requirements designed, allow integrated solutions for production control and fab automation.
Business fields at a glance:
- Installation & service:
Installation, commissioning and maintenance of production equipment and material handling systems; consulting: process and failure analysis, development of optimized processes
Transport, storage and loading systems, RFID readers as well as the realization of complex RFID projects
Development and realization of customized automation projects for production logistics applications
Locations: Dresden (Germany), Salt Lake City (USA)
Markets: Europe, USA, Asia
Industries served: Semiconductor, Photovoltaics, Pharmaceutical
Employees: ca. 120
Business Flyer Roth&Rau Ortner: Flyer S-PAC Ortner
Contact: Dirk Richter, Phone +49 351 888 61 19
Fraunhofer-Center for Silicon Photovoltaics CSP Halle (Saale)
The Fraunhofer Center for Silicon Photovoltaics (CSP) conducts applied research in the area of crystallization, solar modules and solar wafers. With top competencies, Fraunhofer CSP explores the field of ingot manufacturing and material development. Moreover, the manufacture and assessment of solar cells and modules as well as electrical, optical, and micro-structural materials and component characteristics are also carried out. Ultra-modern research and analytical equipment is available for these activities.
Range of service:
- Fabrication of mono-crystalline and of multi-ingots using Czochralski, Float Zone and Vertical Gradient Freeze Technology
- Pilot scale production line for mono and multi crystalline Si-Wafers down to thickness of 120 μm
- Production of special glasses for up- and downconversion
- Pilot scale production line for solar modules
- Defect localisation on solar cells and modules by means of optical, spectroscopic, thermal and electrical methods
- Assessment of microstructure of defects and materials by means of electron microscopy as well as chemical and electrical methods
- Trace analysis of silicon materials and process materials
- Stochastical evaluation of strength of silicon wafers, assessment of load in production processes and prognosis of probability of failure and mechanical yield
- Assessment of process and reliability properties of polymers
- Characterization and testing of solar modules according to IEC standards and accelerated testing conditions, Life time assessment of solar modules by material science
Markets: Complete photovoltaics value chain including suppliers
Service and sales partners: Fraunhofer ISE, Fraunhofer IWMH
Business Flyer Fraunhofer CSP: Flyer S-PAC CSP
Contact: Prof. Dr. Jörg Bagdahn, Phone: +49 345 5589 129
ITW - institute for innovative technology
Since 1992 ITW e.V. (registered Society) Chemnitz is a technologically oriented institute for research and development. The institute deals with industrial projects as well as with tasks from the car manufacturing and electrical industry.
ITW, with 35 experienced employees – mainly engineers – uses synergies of different fields to develop new products and applications of innovative technologies.
- machines and test procedure
- new machine concepts
- handling engineering
- process integrated testing device
- mechatronical systems
- new conceptions for control systems and drives
- sensor-actuator systems
- materials, methods, processes
- high-accuracy laser machining
- water jet cutting
- innovative production processes
- Rapid technologys
- 3-D digitization and image processing
- optical 3-D digitizing for design and manufacturing
- optoelectronical testing and process monitoring
- application software
- resource and task management
- manufacturing and assembly automation
- telecontrol and telediagnostic service
- automotive software
Contact: Dietmar Scholze, Phone: +49 371 38 252 0
Fraunhofer Institute for Material and Beam Technology IWS
Fraunhofer IWS offers application-oriented research and development from the physical and material basis up to systems technology. The research areas cover laser materials processing, surface technology, energy storage, micro processing, thin film and nano technology. The integrated materials testing and characterisation is the basis as well as the consequential extension of our portfolio.
- Process and components development for laser cutting, ablation and structuring, especially high-speed processing
- Materials oriented process development for laser beam welding and special joining technologies as well as materials and components testing
- Process and components development for laser surface cladding and surface refinement
- Deposition and characterisation of functional films by PVD, CVD and thermal spraying as well as chemical reaction technology
- Process development for deposition of thin films at atmospheric pressure, e.g. passivation layers for crystalline silicon solar cells
- Combination of innovative printing technologies with laser processes for rear-side metallisation of solar cells
Chemnitz University of Technology, IBF, Professorship Factory Planning and Factory Management
The Professorship Factory Planning and Factory Management under the direction of Professor Egon Müller is a qualified and innovative partner for the planning and management of holistic production and fabrication systems in education and research. The main research objectives are the analysis and development of prospective production structures and new factory concepts.
Based on numerous industrial projects and industry-oriented research projects with mechanical engineering and plant engineering companies, automotive companies and companies of sunrise industries like the solar sector the professorship ensures a very practical orientated research.
- Specialist in the field of computer-aided factory planning, modeling, visualization and simulation
- Specialist for the development and realization of flexible and changeable factories, highly responsive and robust production processes as well as regional production networks
- Innovative partner for the realization of modern and integrated solution for production and logistic system as well as novel methods and tools for factory management and process monitoring
Distribution partners: Europe, USA, Canada
Business Flyer TU Chemnitz: Flyer S-PAC TU Chemnitz
Contact: Dr. Jörg Ackermann, Phone: +49 371 531 35 306